Nag for SME Server
John Bennett Services - JBS (software)
- Nag is the Horde task list application. It stores todo items, things due later this week, etc.
- It is very similar in functionality to the Palm ToDo application.
1. Log in (with username root) to the SMEserver console.
2. Download and install nag and smeserver-nag with:
yum --enablerepo=smecontribs install smeserver-nag
3. Do following commands for the changes to take effect:
signal-event post-upgrade; signal-event reboot
alternatively to avoid reboot you could do :
expand-template /etc/e-smith/sql/init/80mysql.create.nag expand-template /etc/e-smith/sql/init/81nag_upgrade service mysql.init restart signal-event email-update config set Unsaved Changes no
After SME server reboots then
4. Enable webmail access in server-manager (if not already done)
5. Open https://yourserver/webmail
6. Log in and check out "Tasks"-item.
Check installed version
yum info installed *nag*
This will show details on packages nag-h3 and smeserver-nag plus e-smith-manager (because of the "nag" in the word manager). The first 2 are the working rpms for this contrib.
yum remove nag-h3
This will remove nag-3 and smeserver-nag but not e-smith-manager.
More tips about email in this HowTo: Email
If you connect to the SMEserver console by Putty ssh-client (or similar) you can copy and paste the commands (very convenient).
Please do edit if you find errors or have improvements.
connect with Thunderbird
you will need to install pear HTTP_WebDAV_Server
pear install channel://pear.php.net/HTTP_WebDAV_Server-1.0.0RC8 service httpd-e-smith restart
to add a task list use thunderbird and lightning
- add new ical with url:
- login to http://server/webmail and go to task, then "manage task" on left
- click "subscription url" and change last part to be username only
Only released version in smecontrib are listed here.