Difference between revisions of "Update contribs"
(Reduce page to a single script / save original script(s) on the talk page.)
m (Added extra category)
|Line 59:||Line 59:|
[[Category: Howto]] [[Category: Tools]]
Revision as of 10:18, 17 July 2017
Due to dependencies, the installation of contribs requires very often the installation of rpms coming from 3rd party (non-SME) repositories.
Enabling 3rd party repositories during a general yum update can pull in packages that are incompatible with SME server such as newer versions of PHP, mysql, samba, etc.
Updating the installed contribs needs sometimes to update the dependencies or sometimes only the dependencies get updated.
In order to avoid serious problems of compatibility, it is very important that all the rpms get updated only from the repository they are installed from, instead of only taking the most recent release existing in all the repositories that are available.
Yum doesn't do this job in one command but small scripts must be used for this purpose.
yumcheck.sh can be used to check for and optionally install updates to packages that were originally installed from a 3rd party repository.
yumcheck.sh is an attachment to bugzilla:10158
Install at the sme server shell using:
curl -s https://bugs.contribs.org/attachment.cgi?id=5837 |sed -e 's/\r//' >/usr/local/bin/yumcheck.sh chmod +x /usr/local/bin/yumcheck.sh
- Check for updates for all packages installed from non-standard repos. Output only info for packages that need updates
- Indicate before exit if any packages were installed using yum localinstall
- Indicate before exit if the server requires signal-event post-upgrade; signal-event reboot
- yumcheck.sh update
- Run in verbose mode, do the updates, prompt the user after checking each repo if updates are pending
- yumcheck.sh update -q -y
- Show only those items to be updated, do the updates, and answer 'yes' to each suggested update.
- yumcheck.sh @/
- List all rpms that have been installed using yum localinstall
- yumcheck.sh @smecontribs @sogo @/
- Check for updates from "smecontribs", "sogo3", and any locally installed rpms
- Note that "@sogo" will be expanded to "sogo3" at runtime. Likewise, "@sme" would expand to "smecontribs"
- Using the default settings will list updates from the enabled repositories multiple times (once for each disabled repo with installed packages)
- Since this command starts from the output of /sbin/e-smith/audittools/newrpms, it is possible to get errors. That is, if you configure a repository, install a package from it, then remove the configuration, this script will error.
- Arguments starting with "@" are stripped out and handled separately. If *all* arguments start with "@", the default "check-update -q" will be passed to yum.
ID Product Component Summary 10158 SME Server Future New Feature Request NFR Improve support for 3rd party repositories