From SME Server
Revision as of 21:05, 28 February 2014 by Pmstewart
SugarCRM is an open source Customer Relationship Management platform supporting both paid and free/community users.
- Create an ibay named 'crm'
- Download and extract SugarCRM community edition. Check for the latest version at http://www.sugarcrm.com/crm/download/sugar-suite.html. For some reason, wget does not exit after the download completes until you press <Enter>.
cd /home/e-smith/files/ibays/crm/files wget http://www.sugarforge.org/frs/download.php/5087/SugarCE-5.2.0a.zip&opt=full
- Unzip the downloaded file
cd /home/e-smith/files/ibays/crm/files unzip SugarCE-5.2.0a.zip
- Make the files accessible to the web server
chown -R www:www *
- link to html
cd /home/e-smith/files/ibays/crm/html ln -s ../files/SugarCE-5.2.0a/* . chown -R www:www *
- customize ibay settings to enable FollowSymLinks and set the correct value for PHPBaseDir:
db accounts setprop crm PHPBaseDir /home/e-smith/files/ibays/crm:/tmp db accounts setprop crm FollowSymLinks enabled signal-event ibay-modify
- create sugarcrm mysql database and admin account. IMPORTANT: replace mydbpwd with a secure password in the commands below!
mysqladmin create 'sugarcrm' mysql grant all on sugarcrm.* to 'sugaradmin'@'localhost' identified by 'mydbpwd' ; quit
- Run the SugarCRM installer at http://your.smeserver.name.or.IP/crm/install.php
- Set the database name to match the database created above (sugarcrm)
- Set the database server name to localhost
- Enter the database administrator name and password created (sugaradmin, mydbpwd)
- Since we pre-created the sugarcrm database manually, you will be prompted to agree to overwrite the existing database; select "I Accept"
- Answer the remaining questions (timezone, date and time format, etc) as appropriate