- Electroman00, please refrain from signing HowTo pages (I have once again reverted them and will not keep doing so), they are collaboratively edited and do not need a signature. Thanks. — Cactus (talk | contribs) 08:42, 20 December 2008 (UTC)
- Guess you missed all the other hundreds of signed pages in the wiki that are collaboratively edited.
- So whats the rule here so everyone is on the same code page since there is no written rule, at least none that I was able to find.
- There is a unwritten rule in the fact that this is a wiki and therefore, per definition, it is a collaborative effort and no ownership can nor should be claimed.
- There is no need to sign pages as the history nicely shows you who has done what.
- Please show me the hundred pages you mentioned, I doubt they are that many, so signatures can be removed there as well if inappropriate as some pages contain signatures as they are signing there user experience.
- I am not aware of people claiming ownership or modifications.
- I also would appreciate that you discuss stuff first if remarks are made, before changing things once again. — Cactus (talk | contribs) 08:56, 20 December 2008 (UTC)
I also would appreciate that you discuss stuff first if remarks are made, before changing things once again. Same here.
- Some things do not need to be discussed as they are in the nature of a wiki. — Cactus (talk | contribs) 09:10, 20 December 2008 (UTC)
I also would appreciate if you would refrain from editing pages while they are being worked on at the very moment. At least wait until all editing is done, surely there are other pages you could work on in the mean time. Thanks much.
- By the nature of the wiki it is hard to judge when work is done and is a collaborative effort — Cactus (talk | contribs) 09:10, 20 December 2008 (UTC)
Thus the reason to wait, at least more then a few minutes. 10-4
BTW did you see talk page about the bad links that were found?
- Yes I did, still need to check them.
Next time please post the issues on the discussion tab of the affected page instead of on my personal talk page. Sorry no problem, will do.
So just to be clear, any time I see a page with a sig remove it?
- No, any time you see an inappropriate sig nature you may remove it, but I prefer that you do so after making a remark on the discussion tab, since, and I do not mean to brag, you do not have the level of authority that I have in this wiki. — Cactus (talk | contribs) 09:10, 20 December 2008 (UTC)
Question for ya, see this page B2evolution under maintainer there's an email link, is that ok? Also the reason why I re added the sig was because I thought it was just the way I did it the first time that didn't sit well, the second time was the way I found it on another page, I'm looking for that page to show you also. I do agree with you though, the sig really isn't needed due to the history page.
Also is the some standard template somewhere i.e. a Howto template?
- Zarafa is a contrib and therefore it has a maintainer. That is the reason that the contrib template has a Minatainer section. — Cactus (talk | contribs) 11:50, 20 December 2008 (UTC)
Talk pages and signing
Please sign your additions to the talk pages, here as well as on all other talk pages so it is easier to read who posted what. Thanks in advance! — Cactus (talk | contribs) 11:58, 20 December 2008 (UTC)
Also is the some standard template somewhere i.e. a....Howto template? << You missed this...
Not sure if you have it done already... A howto create a "howto wiki page" with the basic format (minimum requirements and format to cover all/most the bases) of what's needed and do's and don'ts Ditto for the contribs page. Then everyone can just copy/paste that basic format and edit as desired...10-4. Then somehow include a template revision so that pages using that format can be found easily and updated...10-4
- Yes it is somewhere, I need to look it up and place it somewhere where it can be found more easily indeed. — Cactus (talk | contribs) 13:47, 20 December 2008 (UTC)
Also how are you adding you time stamp info here or is that auto added by the wiki sys?
- Just add four tildes (~) at the end of your comment, wiki magic does the rest. — Cactus (talk | contribs) 13:47, 20 December 2008 (UTC)
Thanks for that....
I need to look it up and place it somewhere where it can be found more easily indeed.
Yea like on the main page i.e. "Howto create a wiki Howto" then there's no excuse anyone not finding it. Ditto for the contribs page.
- Yes, maybe put a link on the main page, right below the "Find help with reading and editing the Wiki". I would suggest to put the information on Category_talk:Howto like it is done for contribs on Category_talk:Contrib. I suggested that in the forums in a post regarding a howto for Epiware some days ago:  --Ente 19:39, 20 December 2008 (UTC)
Hey sorry to be a pain in your butt, if you need help with anything just ask, with SME8 on it's way, I know things are going to get a little hectic so just ask. BTW Just tested 8beta3 on two systems ide & scsi and both were upgrades to beta2 which had some issues. 8beta3 was flawless install and yum update worked a treat. Hardware was old and new. So from what I see it's ready for prime time testing. Guess this should hit the BT? Electroman00 14:17, 20 December 2008 (UTC)