|Category||Category:Category you want|
|Tags||wifi, ubnt, ubiquity,|
Ubiquity network (ubnt) provides a UniFi controller which can run on a Linux server to monitor your UniFi devices. Those are WiFi and networking, professional grade devices. This contribution allow to install and follow the upgrade of this controller on a SME server . As this is proprietary software, we can not bundle it as a rpm and distribute it. This rpm is all you need to easily download and install with the least intervention on your SME.
First install the needed repositories.
yum install smeserver-extrarepositories-centos-sclo-rh smeserver-extrarepositories-epel --enablerepo=smecontribs,smedev signal-event yum-modify
Install the SME Server Package
yum install smeserver-unifi --enablerepo=smecontribs,smedev,epel,centos-sclo-rh
Launch the download and installation of your installer.
signal-event smeserver-unifi-install config set UnsavedChanges no
you can now access to your UniFi controller using : https://YOURSERVERIP:8443
Follows the steps to configure the interface, and add your first devices.
yum remove smeserver-unifi unifi
you can then remove the content of : /opt/UniFi and /opt/Unifi_bak
here are the available configurations:
- access : default is local, you can set it to public to allow access from the outside network
- status : enabled
- TCPPort : 8080,8443,8880,8843
- VersionToInstall: here is the version number you want to install. Default is usually the version number of the rpm, currently 5.6.30 for smeserver-unifi-5.6.30. But you can force to install another version, if needed
Below is an overview of the current issues for this contrib:
|ID||Product||Version||Status||Summary (2 tasks)|
|10534||SME Contribs||9.2||CONFIRMED||NFR : use the certificate associated with apache server|
|10532||SME Contribs||9.2||CONFIRMED||import unifi for SME Server|
Only released version in smecontrib are listed here.
- Ubuntu Desktop / Server 14.04 or later (LTS Releases, 16.04 recommended)
- Debian 7 “Wheezy” or later (LTS Releases, 8 recommended)
- macOS Mavericks 10.9 or later (10.12 recommended)
- Windows 7 or later (10 recommended)
- Windows Server 2008 or later (2016 recommended)
CPU: x86-64 Processor (Intel / AMD x64 Processors)*
RAM: 1GB for Headless Servers; 2GB for GUI*
Network: 100Mbps Wired Ethernet*
HDD: Minimum 10GB free (20GB or more preferred)*
Java: Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 8
Web Browser: Google Chrome
MongoDB: version 2.6.10. (Mongo is offered bundled, so most users will not need to acquire separately. Some distros might use a slightly older version, but v2.6.10 is the one typicallybundled in the Windows/Mac packages, and hence what we will recommend here).