Dimp for SME Server
- Dimp is a part of Horde framework.
- DIMP is a version of IMP (1) which has a improved "dynamic" interface that may be preferable to the standard IMP interface.
- Similar IMP functionality is implemented including mailbox viewing and paging, viewing messages, deleting, replying, forwarding, and composing new messages.
(1) Imp is the standard email interface (webmail) included in SME
Step-by-step HowTo for installation of Dimp on SME Server 8.x.
1. Log in (with username root) to the SME Server console.
2. Download and install dimp and smeserver-dimp
yum install smeserver-dimp --enablerepo=smecontribs
3. Do following commands for the changes to take effect:
signal-event post-upgrade; signal-event reboot
Your SME server reboots
4. Connect to https://yourserver/webmail & select which version you wish to run (Imp or Dimp). Optionally if you try to connect to https://yourserver/horde/dimp/ at this stage, you will probably get this message:
dimp is not activated
5. Then we activate it:
config set dimp service status enabled
5a. To deactivate it:
config setprop dimp status disabled
6. To make these changes take effect:
7. Enable webmail access in the server-manager Email panel (if not already done)
9. Log in as admin (first to Horde, then to Dimp) and configure email settings. Logout.
10. Connect your mail client to "your.domain/horde/dimp" or "your.domain/webmail (Horde will present you with options to choose the standard Imp or the dynamic Dimp, & if you also have Mimp installed, the Minimalistic option will also be presented). Refer to the Mimp Contrib wiki article at http://wiki.contribs.org/Mimp
Check installed version
yum info installed *dimp*
That will show both packages.
yum remove *dimp*
Check spec (when asked) that no unintended packages have been included for removal. Only dimp & smeserver-dimp should be removed.
More tips about email in this HowTo: Email
If you connect to the SME Server console by Putty ssh-client (or similar) you can copy and paste the commands (very convenient).
Tested software version
Host: SME Server v9.0beta3 (el5 versions of rpms), v8.0, v7.1 onwards
Current versions in SME 8 smecontribs repository at 18 February 2014